DPI: State Superintendent Tony Evers nominated eight public elementary schools for the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program, which recognizes overall academic excellence or progress in improving student achievement.
The 2017 nominees are:
- Mountain Bay Elementary School, D. C. Everest Area School District, Weston;
- Robinson Elementary School, Laona School District;
- Shorewood Hills Elementary School, Madison Metropolitan School District;
- Oriole Lane Elementary School, Mequon-Thiensville School District;
- Elmwood Elementary School, New Berlin School District;
- Phillips Elementary School, Phillips School District;
- West Salem Elementary School, West Salem School District; and
- Washington Elementary School, Whitewater Unified School District.
“The Blue Ribbon Schools program recognizes the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in striving for solid student academic achievement,” Evers said. “Our public school nominees provide a safe and supportive learning environment where young people can build a foundation for future academic and life success. I wish our nominees well in the next phase of the Blue Ribbon School process.”